The Goats, They Dance
Compiled by Arturo Escartin (aka DJ Silverhair). 'Mixed' by Jonny.
Jonny Polaroid knows his music. So whenever we trade and his ears prick up followed by a "dude", or even "DUDE", I know that it's me educating him and not the other way around. So when I started flowing him some of the old school punk tunes I used to listen to as a misaligned skateboarding teen, and he got it, I pitched the idea of putting together a bunch of tunes for a POA podcast.
And he bit on it.
Now what I've delivered isn't "Punk for Dummies". It isn't supposed to be a schooling. And I know there's a hell of a lot of music I've missed. Total Chaos anyone? Some of the tunes poke their head into thrash and dip their toes into hardcore but this is how we, me and the lads, defined our punk. Noisy and over in two minutes. Fun, and melodic, but never letting up.
I got a little help on this one - shouts go out to "Madd" Matt Lindsay and Rod Sets Fire.
- Dead Kennedys - Kill The Poor
- Descendents - Weinerschnitzel
- Black Flag - Wasted
- Bad Brains - Pay To Cum
- Circle Jerks - Red Tape
- The Misfits - I Turned into a Martian
- Gang Green - Kill A Commie
- Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White
- Angry Samoans - Steak Knife
- Black Flag - T.V. Party
- Suicidal Tendencies - I Shot the Devil
- Frenzal Rhomb - Home And Away
- Frenzal Rhomb - Roger
- The Meanies - Big Bertha
- Hard-Ons - Surfin' On My Face
- The Saints - Demolition Girl
- Massappeal - Deadheads
- DFL - Pizzaman
- Snuff - Nick Northern
- Pennywise - No Reason Why
- NoFX - Leave it Alone
- Rancid - Nihilism
- Beastie Boys - The Biz Vs. The Nuge
- Beastie Boys - Time For Livin'
- The Lemonheads - Rabbit
- Black Flag - Fix Me
- Descendents - Sour Grapes
- Angry Samoans - My Old Man's a Fatso
- Fugazi - Merchandise
- Suicidal Tendencies - I Saw Your Mommy
- Dead Kennedys - Moon Over Marin